I have entered a short iron condor spread on XLE, using options that trade for the last time 43 days hence, on March 20. The premium is a $0.42 credit and the stock at the time of entry was priced at $54.60.
The profit zone for this position is between $58.42 on the upside and $49.63 on the downside.
The implied volatility rank (IVR) stands at 53.6%.
The premium is 26.2% of the width of the position’s wings.
The profit zone covers a 7.0% move to the upside and a 10.0% move to the downside of the entry price, for total coverage of 17.0%
The risk/reward ratio is 2.8:1, with maximum risk of 118.60$ and maximum reward of $42.00 per contract.
By Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, February 5, 2020
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.