11:30 a.m. New York time
Four symbols dropped off of the Growth Portfolio Screen, my primary, and the lone resident of the secondary Momentum Portfolio also dropped off. A new symbol appeared on the Growth screen, and I added a symbol to the Genetics Portfolio as I continue its roll-out.
So, in my shares positions, five exits, two entries.
- Growth Portfolio: HA for a $30.66 debit
- Genetics Portfolio: EDIT for a $32.41 debit
- Growth Portfolio
- CRCM for a $15.00 credit, a profit of $2.59, producing a 20.8% return over 15 days for a +506% annual rate.
- EBMT for a $21.11 credit, a loss of $0.97. That’s a 4.4% loss over seen days for a -229% annual rate.
- MHO for a $40.62 credit, a loss of $2.85, resulting in a 6.6% loss over 39 days for a -61% annual rate.
- RS for a $120.96 credit, a profit of $1.07, or a 0.9% return over seven days for a +47% annual rate.
- Momentum Portfolio
- SEM for a $22.90 credit, a gain of $1.55, producing a +7.3% return over 39 days for a +68% annual rate.
- Growth Portfolio
That’s the lot. The Growth Portfolio is governed by changes in analyst opinion. So perhaps a wave of pre-holiday sadness has crept into Wall Street. SEM, in the Momentum Portfolio, began it’s life as a Growth play, and changed its coat to a Momentum play after dropping off of the Growth Portfolio.
A busy day with a shortened trading session. I’ll be back on Thursday, when the markets re-open.
By Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, December 24, 2019
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.