1:40 p.m. New York time
In stocks, I managed the Momentum Portfolio today.
I exited four positions in the portfolio, and removed a fifth from Momentum, although I continue to hold the shares because it remains qualified for the Growth Portfolio. I added four positions to Momentum. One symbol on the Bench fell to “hold” on the Zacks ranking, and I exited from it.
- CNXM, for a $16.59 credit, down 20 cents from entry, producing a -1.2% loss over 12 days for a -36% annual rate.
- CS, for $13.87 credit, down 8 cents from entry, a 0.6% loss over seven days for a -30% annual rate.
- TGNA, a $17.41 credit, up 37 cents from entry, showing a 2.2% return over seven days for a +114% annual rate.
- VIPS, a $14.61 credit, down 38 cents from entry, resulting in a 2.5% loss over 12 days for a -77% annual rate.
- FORM, to the Growth Portfolio
- APAM, for a $34.55 debit
- ICHR, a $38.71 debit
- SIMO, a $50.26 debit
- SNX, a $150.54 debit
- JD, for a 40.06 credit, up $2.25 from entry. The position produced a 6.0% return over nine days for a +241% annual rate
1 p.m. New York time
My one remaining short iron condor position using the January monthly options, XLY, which trade for the last time on Friday, continues to be in the money (net unprofitable). To avoid having short shares of the fund appearing in my account after expiration, I have sold the call side of the position, updating XLY Analysis with details.
By Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, January 15, 2020
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.